Saturday, August 17, 2013

The summer is winding down

On Facebook the other day I read an article about always telling your child to "hurry up." I am one of those people who really like to be on time. I think it is disrespectful to not be on time if someone is waiting for you. With that being said I think at times I have been too busy to really enjoy my life. I like to be busy. I always have. Anna likes to be busy in her own way too...and always has. Gerard is the same. We usually have a project going and one in the line for when that project is done.

This is one reason why for our family vacations away from home are best. It takes away the chores of our everyday life so that we can really enjoy our family time together. I am off this week coming up and we are going to just enjoy our time together. I think back to the beginning of May and I am thankful that I made the decision to not take a class for school. I have really enjoyed my time off.

Tonight I had wanted to head out to the store and told Anna my plans. She replied with "How about we stay home and play with my dinosaurs?" Well that was a better plan anyway so this is what we did. I have been very careful lately to really look at her and pay attention to her when she talks.

Originally I thought it might be nice to go to Virginia this week. Anna really enjoyed the beach there but I feel that I need to make the best decisions for my family and today that is to save money. We will spend time on our beach this week. I also need to spend this time prepping for the start of school for both of us. 

I need to clean out my spare room, the closet is a disaster. The influx of baby gear in our home has made it feel small. I must evaluate what is absolutely needed and what we can do without. I like having my own stuff for Jenny's girls here because it makes it easy for her to come here and spend time with us. I want things in order before start our school year.

The first day of school is approaching fast. I want to make a cool sign for Anna to hold in her picture. For the past two years Anna has been able to wear the same outfit on the first and last day of school. I will admit that I loved this so much that I want to try to recreate this again this year.

This week Anna and I had professional pictures taken. I had worked the night before so I was heading to the photo shoot with a bit of a headache. I have only gotten to see the proofs for two of the pictures and I am in love with them. I had an old Easter dress of Anna's that I love but that she disliked. The pictures were taken at the beach. I promised Anna that she could "trash the dress." Both of us ended up in the ocean fully clothed. Amazingly my headache faded away. I am going to book her again for our Christmas pictures in October.

So the goals for this week are to go to the beach, clean the spare room, make a sign for kindergarten but the most important goal is to just enjoy my time with Anna and Gerard.
 

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

That sounds like the perfect plan! Enjoy!