Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Disney Vacation Part 3

Yes I am sorry there is a part 3. One thing that Gerard and I both liked (I knew I would like it but he did not realize I am sure) is that we spent so much time together as a family. Gerard is always on the go. He literally loves to work. If I would let him work more he would and still not complain. This is one reason why for our family vacation away from home is so important. We get his full attention the entire time.

After we got off the boat we had decided that this day was going to be just a relaxing day. Maybe some time at the pool and than early to bed. The Florida rain got in the way of our pool plans but we had a very early dinner like 4 pm, a little ice cream and we were off to bed. Gerard and I had been discussing whether or not to go to the Magic Kingdom. Gerard hates lines and crowds for that matter so for him it was a flat out NO! We started talking about how much Anna enjoyed the parks and how Magical they are for her. I think what sealed the deal was when I asked him when did he think we would be coming back to Disney. We all fell asleep.

Around 8 am he asked me if I wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom...I was like WHAT! I would have been up an hour ago to get ready. I popped out of bed and got our things packed. We were off to the Magic Kingdom. When Anna first came home I purchased 10 day passes for us. They were a small fortune but I have been so glad that I did that so many years ago. We talked about whether or not we should buy Anna a multi day pass and we did.  So now we have 5 days left on all of our passes. I am thinking this could be at least 3 more trips.

Each time we take Anna it is better than the last. I will say we are absolutely blessed because Anna is a really traveler. If we explain where we are going and what we are going to do there she will have very good behavior. Now that Gerard and I have been there a couple of times we know how to work the park and the things that we like. I ran to get our fast passes for Peter Pan and he took her on the tea cups. We were able to see Ariel in her grotto and ride the new Ariel ride with nearly no wait at all.

 
Anna told me that she was very careful with Ariel's tail


 
 
I was surprised that the park was not really crowded. We did pretty much everything that we wanted to do. By 4 o'clock both Anna and Gerard were asking to go back to the hotel. One of these days I will get to see the fireworks...sigh.


 
 
The following day we met up with Kellie and her children to go to Gatorland. I am not sure how I have missed this adventure but I will say it was pretty cool. Anna loves animals and reptiles are one of her favorite types so this was right up her alley. Some of the alligators were so big I could not believe it. I could never imagine one of these swimming in our lagoons. YIKES! Anna wanted to hold an alligator and a snake so we let her (Please note that the snake was not a poisonous one and the alligator's mouth was taped shut). Anna beamed. She loved the shows and feeding them hot dogs (again from a very safe distance). I highly recommend Gatorland. 
 



 
 
We spent the rest of the day looking in pawn shops. Gerard and I both like this and I have found out that Anna enjoys it too. We had a nice dinner and then were off to the airport. I am so glad that we decided to participate in this Russian Reunion. One interesting thing that I noticed is that every parent was solely focused on having fun with their children. I am lucky enough to be friends with my coordinator on Facebook. Prior to us going on this trip I contacted her to tell her about it. Anna is such a gift. Everyday Gerard and I ask ourselves "How did we get so blessed to have her as our daughter?" 


1 comment:

Nancy said...

That was really smart thinking to buy those 10 day passes!

Glad you enjoyed the rest of your trip. I hope we both return for the next one!